Friday, June 3, 2011

Swim as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread.. never mind.

Ohhh ggrr.. my evening was slightly disrupted. I was going to meet Wayne to walk our dogs at 5pm. I didn't make it back til gone 5, then Wayne was in the middle of a brake rebuild so, he was delayed and 45 minutes later he told me to go without him. So at almost 6pm we headed out. That's an hour off my lawnmowing time.

Oh well.

I got back mowed the front lawn & my neighbour's as Dave always snowblows my driveway. Then I took my borrowed roller and ROLLED MY ITB.. oh my gawd, jeezzusmurphy. PAIN...

Then let that settle down a bit and headed to the pool.

Meet up with Kevin and we started our 1900m journey. Poor little dude, he was huffing and puffing but his legs are better. Still room for improvement, but they are much better than was I was seeing last week. Needs to keep the legs a bit more together and pointed.
So it was 100 warm up. 300,350,400,350,300 100 cool down.
And I've started grouping them in 4's. So 300 is 3 groups of 4. when I get to my second set I start counting 2-1, 2-2 on the third set 3-1, 3-2 etc. and somewhere in the counting I got distracted by some very distrubing thoughts and ended up two short. So Kevin would tell me two more ... so off I go.

Stupid counting.

We managed to shave about 6 minutes off our time from last week. I didn't see the exact time we went into the pool, but I know it was well after 8:15 as I kept signalling to the lifeguard that was ignoring me, if we could go in. So that's great. I felt really strong during the swim. The first 50 m I was wondering what the heck I was doing in the pool... I was sore, my arms hurt... blah blah blah.
It turned out very well though.

Chris was in the viewing gallery and waved, my eyes were so blurry though I couldn't actually make her out very well. So it was nice to have a cheering squad for Kevin. He worked hard.
Then a few minutes in the pee pool to reward ourselves and back home to eat the veggie burger Chelsea made for me. yummmmmmmmy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment