Thursday, May 19, 2011

Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts.

The fact was I had no interest in doing anything tonight. I had cramps that would buckle the knees of an elephant, so I sat and watched Sex and the City for half an hour rather than cycle. Then because Kevin was counting on me, I grabbed my swimming gear and headed out the door.

I was told I probably just need a good swim to get rid of the cramps - whatever, I'm not in any mood to agree with anyone other than Ms Cadbury's Fruit and Nut or her cousin Diary Milk. ppffftt

I knew they were right, I just had the motivation of a piece of driftwood.

I met up with Kevin it was going to be strictly distance - 100 m warm up. Then a ladder 200 - 250- 300 - 250 - 200 and a cool down of 100 m. No sprints as I had eaten a couple of table spoons of Peanut Butter around 5 & I knew as such as the grass will grow I'd be bringing it up if I did sprints.
I'm so friggin clarvoient!! 125 m into the 2nd 250m stretch I could feel it bubbling up. ACK!

Kevin was a little pooped from the swim - The worst part is I probably could have pushed myself to go a bit faster, Theo would have kicked my ass for being so slow. But don't tell him. Right now I'm just helping Kevin get to the distance he needs to be at for his race June 18th.
Next week we'll bump it up another 50m per "step" in the ladder.
I'll go do a bit of spinning and core work out first.

Promise.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment